PeopleSoft comes with a number of SSL Certificates to trust various sites (mostly Verisign). If you prefer to NOT update the keystore with the DigiCert, you can use our http://api3.talemetry.com url which uses the standard Verisign cert and the below steps are not required.
To access the http://talemetry-qa.net servers require the DigiCert. This is NOT a standard step.
Download the Certificates.
- Navigate to the URL using Internet Explorer. (For example https://rmx.resumemirror.com/irexservice/irex.asmx, or http://api.talemetry.com)
- Select the security button to the right of the link – you will see the digital certificate information. Then click on the view certificates link.
- From the certificate window, select the Certification Path tab.
- Select the root certificate and select View Certificate.
- Select the details tab and select Copy to File.
- You will view the initial export to file screen. Select Next >.
- Choose a file type of Base-64 encoded X.509 and select Next >.
- Enter a file name and select Next >.
- Select the Finish button to complete the process.
- Repeat this process for the second level certificate.
Load certificates into the Gateway Keystore
- Navigate to your PeopleSoft keystore directory on your webserver and execute the command: pskeymanager.cmd –list
- You will be asked for the keystore password ( default is password.)
- Once you have entered your password, the default certificates will be displayed. If you have not loaded your own certificates there will be 15 default entries.
- We now need load the new certificates. You will need to load the *.cer files into the keystore. Move these two files onto the web server in an accessible directory.
- Now run the pskeymanager process and import a certificate.
- You will be asked for the password.
- You are then asked for an alias. Please enter the alias as the file name for each of the certificates. Use the name of the Certificate.
- Now enter the file name of the .cer file.
- Finally, you are asked to trust this certificate. Please type ‘yes’ here and hit return. You will receive a final message indicating that the certificate was added to the keystore.
- You may confirm that this certificate is displayed by using the command ‘pskeymanager –list’ – you should now have one more certificate in your keystore.
- Please add the second level certificate in the same manner. Once complete, you may execute ‘pskeymanager -list’ and you will see the second cert loaded.
- Please restart your web server and then retest connectivity. You should now be able to successfully connect using the new Certificates.