Where to find the various PeopleSoft logs when troubleshooting integration issues:
- Integration Log: This is the logs of all the Talemetry XML data exchanged. It contains the vendor request/response and errors provided.
It is located at Set up HRMS > Product Related > Recruiting > Integration > Integration Log
More on the Integration Log: The PeopleSoft Integration Log
- Integration Broker Error Logs: This is the log of the integration gateway service communications.
If there are proxy errors or communication issues where messaging gets logged here, this is the log to investigate.
NOTE: <server> is the server:port of the Integration Gateway for the given environment.
This URL is case sensitive and is located at http://<server>:<port>/PSIGW/errorLog.html
The URL may differ for some PeopleSoft configurations. Check the Gateway properties page for the path if it is unknown.
- Application Server Logs: This is were processing errors can occur. Logs located on the app server at <PS_HOME>/appserv/<domain>/LOGS
Please consult with your PS Admin for the exact location for your installation and if multiple application servers are used.
- Process Monitor Log: Go to Main Menu > PeopleTools > Process Scheduler > Process Monitor
Find your Process and select the Message Log. You may need to click on “View Log/Trace” or "Explain" for more details.
- Talemetry Exceptions Log: Candidates pushed into PeopleSoft from Talemetry Source/CRM, Apply Workflow or the Desktop tools will create records in this log.
Processing decisions and any errors encountered generate entries. It is found at Main Menu > Talemetry > Talemetry Exceptions. Search for the candidate id or datetimestamp.