The Talemetry Email Import (Desktop Tools) help recruiters and sourcers to quickly get candidates that they find on the internet into Talemetry by simply sending them into Talemetry via Email and confirming the import. This article explains how to use the Email Import.
- Your company must have Source/CRM module
- Your company must have "Allow Company to use Desktop Tools" feature - see Source - Features (Administration)
- Your company must have "Allow company to import resumes via email" feature - see Source - Features (Administration)
- Your user must have the Desktop Tools privilege - see Users (Company)
1. Get Email Address to send Resumes
- Access “Desktop Tools” Menu under User Settings (of users with Privilege)
- Go to the Import Resume Inbox area on that page
- A unique email address is created/assigned to each user of Talemetry. You can copy this email address and add to your email client.
- The Confirmation Email Address is where the communication from Talemetry related to each email import is sent. By default it is the email address of the recruiter.
2. Send Email with Resume(s) to Talemetry
- Create an email address from your email client to the Import Resume Inbox
- Option 1: Attach one or more individual resumes. They must be of a supported filetype. NOTE: Do not attach a zip file containing more than 1 resume as only the first file will be processed)
- Option 2: Copy/Paste a valid resume into the body of the email. Ensure no other extra information is in the email (for example, an email footer)
- Send email
- After some time (typically processed within minutes of being received by Talemetry), the Confirmation Email address will receive an email from email@example.com for each processed resumes containing:
- Previous Subject
- Time the original email was sent
- Extracted First name, last name, and email address. For candidates coming in via this channel, these 3 fields are required to be considered for the quick save option
- Options. When candidates were previously processed by the user, these are the previous settings used
- Source - the source of the candidate chosen
- Folder - any folders that were added last time
- Jobs - any jobs that were added last time
- Tags - any tags that were added last time
- Save (Save as is with options) - this is only available if all of first name, last name, and email fields are extracted
- Review (launches review page to make changes)
- Cancel (Remove from Talemetry)
3. Save Candidate without Review
- If the candidate under review received by email in section 2 is acceptable as is (the name, email looks correct; the options are fine as is), then click Save link in the email
- The Save link will launch a new browser window and process the save request. If successful, you will see a confirmation on the page:
- You will receive a confirmation email that the candidate was saved successfully
- The Save (or Review and Save) link can only be used once. Once a person has been saved, you will get an error if you click on the link again:
4. Cancel Candidate
- If the candidate you are shown is not the one you want (for example, you sent in 2 requests for the same candidate, or there was another attachment that is not correct), then click Cancel link in the email. This will remove the resume from the temporary storage.
- The Cancel link will launch a new browser window and process the cancel request. You will see a confirmation on the page if the cancel is successful:
- You will receive a confirmation via email that the cancel was successful
- The Cancel link can only be used once. Once a person has been cancelled, you will get an error if you click on the link again:
5. Review Candidate
- If this candidate you are shown in the email confirmation is partially correct, or is missing at least one of the 3 key fields, or if you want to change the job/folder/source, click the Review link
- This will launch another browser tab containing the full information that was extracted for the candidate.
- See the Talemetry Desktop Tools Review page for the details on how this works