Broadcast - Update Broadcast Job
The goal of this Walk through is to update a broadcasted job. When you update a job you can:
- modify the job posting (description, fields, etc)
- add one or more job boards to the broadcast
- remove one or more job boards from the broadcast
Prerequisites: You have an existing, active Broadcast job
Start At: Application Console - Broadcast
- Choose the update button beside the active job in your list that you want to modify.
- Next, you need to review the main information that was previously sent to the Broadcast Engine (and to job boards). For all descriptions, remember to use minimal HTML tags (such as b, u, i, ul,li)
- Job Title: You cannot change this value. If this is not correct, you must correct the job (either in Talemetry if its not a feed, or from the source system)
- External ID: You cannot change this value. If this is not correct, you must correct the job (either in Talemetry if its not a feed, or from the source system)
- Responsibilities: Review the main job description and make any changes needed.
- Skills: You can review or enter the Skills, which is used on some job boards.
- Header: Review the job description header, which is used on some job boards. If you enter information here, this will be displayed on the job boards before the Job Description. NOTE: this is limited to 1900 characters.
- Footer: You can review and enter the job footer information. If you enter information here, this will be added at the end of the job description on the job boards.
- Job Category: If you want to override the default for the job, please choose the appropriate and "best fit" job category for the job.
- Apply URL: This is what a job board will redirect the candidate to when they want to apply for the job. This is system generated based on the settings on the Job List. You cannot change this value.
- If all of the above information is acceptable, click on "Save and Update Broadcast"
- You now interact with the Talemetry Broadcast engine. If at any time you want to stop before finishing, click on the "X". First, you must choose what you want to do. You can modify the job, add or remove job boards.
- If you are Modifying the Job:
- Step 1 - Review fielded data, enter additional required and option fields for the job boards chosen. NOTE: any fielded data that is passed from the Job in Talemetry to Broadcast will not be changeable.
- Step 2 - Review summary of job posting.
- Step 3. Confirm Posting
- If you are Adding Job Boards:
- Step 1 - Choose One or More Boards to Add
- Step 2 - Review any additional required fields from the chosen boards.
- Step 3. Confirm Posting
- If you are Removing Job Boards:
- Step 1 - Choose one or more job boards to remove
- Step 2 - Confirm removal - this cannot be undone
- Now that you have completed the Update Broadcast Job, Click on the X to return to the Broadcast list. Even if you didn't complete successfully, you can click X and retry the Broadcast.
- click on Status to see what boards this job is Broadcast to, any candidate interactions and expiry dates.
- click on Unbroadcast to remove the job from the job boards.